1/8/07

Rockford Ohio


My entries seem to be going backwards, but ah well. These are photos from our Thanksgiving trip to Ohio. More specifically Rockford Ohio, the home town of my mother. The first one is a vase from a world famous glass blower who has a shop in town.

Those two tall gentleman with my mother are her brothers Robert and Phil. Robert is the bank president in Rockford and has a collection of old Rockford memorabilia in his office--which of course is what they're looking at. I wish I got some better pictures of what's in the case...there was some pretty quirky stuff.

That's my uncle Steve on his bike with my dad. One features Josh, my parents and Uncle Phil. The beautiful brick house in the background housed my grandparents in it's second floor apartment when they were newlyweds. Rockford is a town of about 1000 people, they're very proud.
R

1 comment:

christopher said...

hmm... another good post...
and I really like all your writings that you have with your photos... it's something I'm trying to get better at, cause i think it does make postings a lot more interesting... anyways, i didn't know that the name "rockford" was so prevalent in your family's lives... kinda neat.
also, i like your "4 people-walking photo" there... with your lumbering uncle :) looks like a fun time about town... (wouldn't that be funny if somehow elinor got some kind of "tall" gene?) well, talk to you guys later
please keep posting-
chris
p.s. when's a "josh post" going to go up already? :)