10/17/07

Tomato Sauce






My friend Lacy gave me about a bushel of tomatoes. I thought I would try my hand at canning them...I didn't. I decided to make sauce out of them and freeze the sauce. It was a lot of work, but worth it I think. We had some tonight with spaghetti...tasted good to me. These photos are examples of some of the steps I went through in preparing the stuff. (I should mention it took me several weeks to finish the project, even then I wasn't able to use all the tomatoes...just couldn't take it anymore.)

3 comments:

christopher said...

mmm... i want to taste some homemade sauce... i'm a big fan of sauce, you know.

anyways, i like that top photo... it reminds me of warm days... which, sadly.... chicago is quickly turning colder...

i saw aurdrey today at lifeway and told her hello from you guys, and she told me that she had coffee and monkeybread breath...
so...
yep.

anyways, i hope it all works out that me and becky are seeing you on the weekend of the 9th in November!!! looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

nnnnn!
i want-a some-a spaghetti!

Anonymous said...

yeah--that's making me hungry.