8/16/08

Costumes

On my way back to PA from IL, I stopped at my parents house. While I was there, my mom gave me two red boxes. Guess what was in them...my costumes! So I got them home and washed them up, and here they are hanging on the clothesline.

If you can tell, they consist of the following:
*one gold dress I wore in "Brigadoon"
*one Scottish-looking dress I wore in "Brigadoon" (which my mom made)
*one green tweed suit which I wore in "The Man Who Came to Dinner". An actual vintage 40's dress we got at a thrift store and my mom altered.
*one silly purple dress which looks like it may have been someones prom dress in the 80's (but makes a good "Gone With the Wind" costume.
*two dresses, vintage 60's yellow and light blue, that belonged to a friends mom (who passed away some years ago).
*one Indian dress (I don't know where that came from, or how I came to possess it)
(oh, and one pair of pants belonging to Elinor that got included in that load of laundry)

3 comments:

valandshawn said...

aww...this is like--the happiest load of laundry i've seen in a long time. i almost cried.

i miss you, val

i'm going to dig through my costumes now.

i think i miss you more right after i just see you than when you've been gone for a long time.

valandshawn said...

i meant

'i miss you, val'

like a signature, not like i was calling you 'val.' because i know that you are rachel, and i'm val.

okay. dumb.

bye.

christopher said...

rachel
that's a pretty neat load of costumes
i like your posts a lot