8/21/08

Does This Seem Weird To You?

We got a special "Back To School" section in our newspaper this week. I thought it would be full of what I think back to school stuff is. Like the latest book bag styles, study tips, maybe lunch menus. But it wasn't, it was full of classroom assignments and bus schedules. That means that virtually every school-aged child in the county is listed under his or her classroom/homeroom. Which i thought was kind of strange. But then I kept looking through it. I got to the bus routes, which turned out to be detailed schedules of which bus is where and at what home at a specific time (ie: 7:43 Montgomery farm). So, I don't know...is this normal? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems a little scary to me.

3 comments:

Deaver said...

Yikes, yes that does seem weird. I bet they've been doing that for YEARS now and it's one of those things that never changes, or nobody thinks how weird/scary it could be because it has just always been that way. Until somebody new comes to town and is like, "what in the world is going on?" Anybody can know my child's bus route and class schedule? Yikes.

Anonymous said...

I would never do this in Illinois. To many nut jobs out there

shelly said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting!!! They are too cute!

That being said....yes, posting detailed bus scheds in the paper is really creepy!!! But then again, school districts do lots of dumb things, hence us home schooling :)